As Fantasy War Tactics is a strategy game, inflicting status and buffs/debuffs can make a real difference in some dungeons like coocoos.
This guide will generally talk about the different status you see mostly above your hero's head and remind you on how to remove the debuff, if possible. Also, this will serve like a dictionary for those heroes you wish to use who have such skills.
Ailments/Abnormal Status Effects
- Note: The following effects can be removed by switching into Mercenary or a skill with debuff removal effect.
- Charm - hero cannot be controlled; hero attacks ally using first skill/basic attack
- Confusion - hero cannot be controlled; hero attacks closest ally or enemy, usually using 1st/basic attack; if hero targets enemies but allies are within target range, allies will also get damaged.
- Damage over Time (DoT) - Target will receive damage on start of its turn.
- Decrease movement/slow - Hero has lowered movement; if hero has small movement to start with and decreased to zero, he cannot change position.
- Disarm - Hero can move but cannot attack.
- Immobilize - Hero cannot move but can attack.
- Increase resource consumption - Increases skill MP cost
- Sleep - Hero cannot move or attack but wakes up when damaged or when an ally walks on a tile or on a potion; will also wake upon being healed. Certain sets and skills that can force waking up from sleep (such as Yekaterina's charge gain and some other passives as well set items with HP recovery)
- Stun - Hero cannot move or attack
- Taunt - Hero cannot be controlled; hero attacks random enemy or moves one tile
- Time bomb - Explodes after after certain turns of it being cast; deals damage to affected target
Skill buffs and Debuffs
- Decrease defense - a part of the target's defense is reduced.
- Defense penetration - the attack will ignore a part of the target's defense in inflicting damage.
- Drain - attacking a target with this debuff recovers HP.
- Healing over Time (HoT) - target recovers HP based on caster's attack and skill level.
- Instant Death - Target dies regardless of how much HP he has left.
- Reflect - Enemy who targets this hero will receive percent damage based on attacker's damage.
- Weakening - Target will receive additional percent damage depending on skill level scaled to the attacker's damage.